Monday, January 10, 2011

My Fly Lady Challenge: Day 1

As I have thought about New Year's resolutions and all that I want to accomplish this year, I am painfully aware my efforts will be in vain if I do not get more organized and disciplined. I am a little bit of a free spirit and I love spontaneity but when it comes to running a household efficiently, its not such a great thing! I totally see the purpose and value of being a regimented individual.....I just tend to be laid back about things like putting the laundry away, changing the sheets on a schedule, keeping the mail clutter from turning into a papery mountain, etc. The practice of being super disciplined seems almost confining to me but I recognize its my own way of being in control in a rebellious "I don't have to do that if I don't feel like it" kind of way. My lack of organization has been nagging away at me for a long time...I have taken baby steps in the right direction but its time to get into gear.....enter Fly Lady! About 9 months ago I looked into fly lady but I wasn't ready to make the plunge so I started today and I am determined to stick with it. Keeping my house clutter free and neat is just the starting point as I venture towards a more purposeful and effective lifestyle!

So, with the explanation out of the way, Day 1's task is to shine your sink! It is the end of the day, the dishes are being washed in the dishwasher, the table is cleaned off, the sink has been shined and there is a clean dish towel for tomorrow! The kitchen is ready and waiting for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment