Monday, August 16, 2010

My first thrifty furniture re-do

I have had this inexpensive console table for a few years sitting behind my sofa.
I have never been all that thrilled with the piece for a variety of reasons: 1. It is stained a dark cherrywood color that has a lot of red in it and that isn't quite what I was wanting 2. It got scratched very easily and then just looked kinda warn and dingy 3.
I just wanted to something lighter and a little more fun. So, I decided I would paint it a pale blue. I used two coats of Zinsser oil based primer on it.Then I mixed several shades of blue sample paint that I already had until I got a shade I was happy with. I haven't put on a polyurethane coating yet but I am sure that will be in my near future! In fact, I have a couple of painted furniture projects in my near future.
And this was the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment