Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Super Cute T-shirt makeover



A few months ago I saw a great tutorial from Tea Rose Home on adding ruffles to a basic T-shirt. I decided that I would love to do it but I didn't have a shirt to use and I was determined I would only do it if I found a great deal on basic T-shirts. About a month later, I was at an Old Navy and found a great green T-shirt in the clearance section for about $2.25. I found another one in a different size so I purchased them both for about $5 with tax. I used old thread that was pretty close to matching and I borrowed my mother-in-law's sewing machine! I watched the tutorial once more and then got to work! About and hour to an hour and a half later, my green ruffled shirt was the end result! It was very and easy and pretty fun to do. The next day, we had a family outing at a local kids museum and no joke, a woman came up to me and asked me where I got my really cute shirt! I was thrilled to tell her the T-shirt was a bargain find and I added the ruffles myself! Check out the great tutorial Tea Rose Home has and the other great projects she has!

No comments:

Post a Comment